Sign in to follow this  
KindaEpicMoah

Finding Good Chain Targets

Hello fellow BK members and anyone else who may be reading this guide.

If you’re looking at this guide today, you’re probably looking to improve upon your chain target selection skills, which is fantastic. The more people read this, the faster we can get voracity and the faster I can die from overdosing on energy drinks. 

E9F7v1GZHdvelcfxEIOiKTQdapIcRc-tVpSPhFcMGzeWktrsopTWfwObUs-QqvsZJ5tYtTrgqZYC5TpdG-ney3rCg9juZOVpYIIoFA3KL3v6dujMU1Fvs9hGr8EVNQEDBQb9nLMF

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you’re asking, 
“Why do I need to hit better chain targets?” 
Well the answer is simple. It earns more respect. 
If you’re not trying to earn respect, why are you chaining? 

Now if you’re asking, 
“What makes a good chain target?” 
Well here’s a quick breakdown.

If you didn’t know, every time you defeat an opponent as a member (not a recruit) of a faction, you will get a certain amount of respect, which is indicated by the number that appears next to the name of the opponent.

The best type of attacks for chaining is “leaving.” Hospitalizing (doesn’t earn as much level xp) and mugging (doesn’t earn as much respect) should be kept to a minimum. 

As a new player with less stats, you’ll be wanting to aim for around 3 respect per hit. 
AZ7FgMJQe2iWfQmZInyMMXUyOe7vnHmnJ0FEVEHz4RC0HK3WPZot_1s-ZMkyyuOmw3C5bamQRbETml6KVAucl_1kPB3BUpvRTCdCjxeWjWOfGBi8kJFuP8MBkdELlXqzwyGytlLG

Around 2 respect is decent. 
jR4PmbJp4lX6w_7IHM5dRlObxPY9cnEx-aLREiNHE4FRQJ9lzQJmx6mrr-ZEJXBLYGfHRzukr_Re74c8xZ-_CwLK78TulKNsT-yVc1wrzt-x5kQMK1QkJjS5TP2Fy7P1Fi_up9nh

Around 4 respect is pretty good.

E6YnqmMKYmO6jcJFDOM5V3h8-6z-tZmzLH6IYNFDS8ifOMbmkYo6ufxN3kSuYJvLDHtGCk67HwG0TQzl01dOJ6IepcRsrLYTLpy2YFo1r-4TBM_jkvMA8XPUbqXgdyt7j5WGWxTs

Around 1 respect is bad. 
R7zvP0Bczd5SSTggv9RxhF4cTqBfAfT4c8evV9GGyiIe-iqaAqR2OJN68SrXX0qYbQYsZes_P_lGkHvGytqaJzsOv0FWJ70Zzj70RgCW4nLx-Qjntm2bz_C6QyY1s4UuMHMdOAeL

Here's a handy chart. 

chart.PNG.c36cc17e2d02bc9d6fb70ca967f861e1.PNG

Now, because of how chains work, you’ll get bonus respect from each additional hit, which means that it can be harder to ascertain if the target is good later into the chain. 
But, there’s this handy thing in the chain page that tracks the “fair fight” multiplier. 

JGkri_87pFaJKsHLBdMcKtfadm1JR2RzcKLMdf8Sb8Lyy8CK-ukEEoyGEyhKxxXFEgDLEHkc8c1YI3hTO6gS_qoy22Aczf8xT_ShCFzRBuSz8c1gFeGFUV42soUA5yGTqYoFQ3ur

If you’re at the max fair fight multiplier (x3), you have a great chain target. But anything close to (x2) is also decent. 

This is a very very simplified explanation of how respect works. If you want to read more about how respect works, go here

You’ll also want to split your target list into two halves: ones that you can defeat with no cooldown, and ones that you can defeat on xanax. Trust me when I say it’s not a very pleasant surprise to get one shot by a target that you could beat if you didn’t have the xanax debuff.

There’s one exception to this rule though. If you beat a target earlier in the chain, then take xanax, you should hit them when they come out of the hospital. Chances are, they’ll give a significant amount of respect due to the chain bonus while being easy to beat due to their low health (this is why you leave. Hospitalizing and mugging gives the opponent too much hospital time which allows them to regenerate more health).

Now, respect is not the only thing that’s important in choosing a good chain target. You actually have to beat the damn person first. 
RMQTMosPatM1EXlcsAZv-NnUh3Q4GG3-dpS9ntMpl9bTq75mcH_T8aRM_r5KUxQ_nNMfdIOG5-Y-BU7OYM939zUWDbBIXi6YLqoBosmLcUeH0XOs946DPOcTeqadoDjfXCde2c_1

See? No respect. 

Also you have to make sure that you can also consistently beat the target. If you’re taking massive amounts of damage each time, it’s probably not the best of targets, even if you get massive respect from defeating them. 
gfNk9tISPhqhcENno7be5vuxeOkmBy9EnEzrXk82FrXshHLJW2R1ymM0PHgY6XhChTr3o6t8bNG0Nb8t_J5jmaKnXM8q3PsFrKfxIgmJK2VESg53qE6LCgmNVIJORXWftjR6oSpu

If you hit a hundred of these targets a day you’d probably go bankrupt from the medical costs.

Now that you know what a good chain target is, the question still remains:
 “How do I find good chain targets?” 
There’s actually an easy solution, and it starts with “D” and ends with “uke”. 

tmYV8Wqg3GoyH7i4qiEJvItKuqTi6SkOHrquScQlBmwfE88JZXHqX4Ngopk_HVLZJiv3t9ry-6qYq8AHrXLPqhNckzNKStrEPdpPxb1yRhRoydok63pjJ5CzAH6Bk-p8gKfFOnd9

Oh please no. Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

Now I know people have had less than desirable experiences with Duke missions. I’m no stranger to this. 

PPMbJ1T3TR8BuL0A-l-gOef_U_LB1VagcbVi5nevsKDxugEpIrEp1ZVOZyUfWKm7fleKfW_Y24QldAeNo2XQjz2jBvMSAlbelEPiDUnhLA3MD2N2SvvHUlqkPIPzseaLrkbFvXda
How do I do this first try???

But, Duke gives you missions based on your battle stats. They aren’t random. It’s a pretty underutilized strategy, but it’s also a pretty useful and easy strategy. All it requires is that you do your one Duke mission every day. Aaand you get free shit from mission credits. Just saying.  

p5tEMD4IwKIDSH4f1Uchqs2eE61UWqd8uIwpXigj_DwCG-ZFJyDF8yM50Ifo8HA4i1nE1D4qGfnOXnwelhU54CCgeDseKjxgsh26krQI0ylbMgM5_Ss60BCYu_s1AKyp2RhP4T4C

I love me some light reading. 

Oh, and keep track of your chain targets somewhere. I prefer discord, but anywhere you can write works really. 

image.png.9294a4497452f7d4b40089d419d15093.png

All from Duke. They really add up over time.

The second method is much more tedious, but if you really don’t like Duke missions, you can use this instead. 
You’ll really want to have the torn tools extension for the stat estimator.

M-2hMgjlfbq5-_6QfVTq0zXdvdrFeXuL7E5lZFzYbfm4moaqqVM17nBSexTpl8Axdjpi6DrG73jU_W-uLa0vH8TLT9rP2pmK4Wk5M4zhHv01s9kxdW7pAXe1QuOWNOqTJEmxtal0

Additionally, you’ll want to have the “best damage dealt”, “xanaxes used”, “LSD used”, “energy drinks used”, “energy refills used”, and “Consumable boosters used” stats under the user info comparison.

Now, you’ll want to search for people in your general level range who aren’t in a faction and have been inactive for over a year. 

CBH1s4R0aOwGRnRtaPb4SbIHzl5m0ciDKUdyJdEulbQhcX-wnQY6o3blBBxN7pnEPMz4SWxjtz4z5GB3ONH_cvxw9yxxlFxKq9Rb5RUTzfEvXY5iWyE9HkHaedC4aleJ8Vm92okU

If you don’t have donator status, that’s perfectly fine. Simply adjust the Torn Tools search filters as necessary. 

0IrFjSPnq5ghv83MPTWvdh8vNrKZ9RUEKEd0s9TZeSVTow9SfNpeefyeK-xukeaPf5IM6pJAm04mmFiO_kNu5ZwBbzZ3eagjjYy9YTbNu2UVTehUPe0TAlUaRTRF1ZeWXRRCfLO6

Now, find people who you can beat. The easiest stat to look at for finding is the “best damage dealt” stat, as that is a flat out statement of what that person’s strength is. If they’re significantly lower than yours, they’re probably a safe target. Now check their stat estimation. If they’re in the same range as your stats, you’re good to go. However, you’ll also want to watch out for defense “whores” that have insanely high defense, which can usually be spotted by their high “defends stalemated” stat and their “tank” status. 

image.thumb.png.ee68eb17b2ee07094d26ca104b4a6e6d.png

This method will take a lot of trial and error. Expect to hit a lot of targets that are either too easy or too hard for you. But, if you persevere, you should end up with a nice batch of chain targets just right for you. If this seems a little too time consuming, it’s really not. Just spend 5-10 minutes every day finding potential targets then spend 10-15 minutes hitting those targets during chains. 

Now that you’ve finished reading the guide, you have now been magically imbued with the ability to find good chain targets. Go out there and start kicking ass. 

• BK STRONK!!! 2

Sign in to follow this